Sunday, August 19, 2007

Montgolfières

Aug 10-19 is the Internation Hot-Air Balloon Festival in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC. Basically about 150 hot-air balloons take flight at about the same time, and this could happen twice a day for 9 days. It's pretty impressive:




There were a couple of special forms:



Monkey



Beaver



Turtle



Pirate in a Barrel



Rooster

A couple of really nice regular shaped ones:






We even got up close and personal with a few:






I even met a ladybug that seemed to like me a lot, which is great because I just love ladybugs.




I knit quite a bit, cause I'm on a knit for hire deadline. So there will be no pictures of it unfortunately, It is quite nice.

We got to see Denis DiYoung (Styx) perform, and I got to hear Mr. Roboto live by the original band, it was pretty funny (never thought I'd see that in my life)

If you'd like to see more of our folies, check out my photoalbum here

No comments: