Friday, February 22, 2008

New Projects

So I finally finished my test knitting for Mona, and I'm so relieved. For about a week I barely knit upon completion cause I just didn't feel like knitting after such a challenge and then I spent a couple of afternoons browsing ravelry and found a few more things that I plan to make.

I had acquired some Anniversary Twist by Briggs and Little while I was in Newfoundland last summer and I was trying to figure out what I could possibly do with it since I didn't really know if I liked the colour or not. Upon browsing ravelry for ideas I saw that a 2 people had done the Central Park Hoodie in this yarn and it looks really nice, see here (ravelry link). I cast on and here is my progress:


Central Park Hoodie


I also cast on another pair of Newfoundland Mittens. To use up the kureyon that I originally bought for the first pair but ended up being too dark with the black. I decided to use it with the Briggs and Little Sheep's grey that I bought while in Newfoundland. So far it is working out nicely:


Newfoundland Mitts


Don't forget that I'm designing the March Sock for Robyn's Nest so if you haven't already done so get over there and order yourself one. You can even order one for all your knitting friends!!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I really want to make the Central Park Hoodie someday. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Montreal Mama said...

I love your Central Park Hoodie in that yarn... Hmm, I may have to copy cat again :) Hee hee!

Blogger is showing me the "errors" in my spelling in the comments window - is that a new feature? Apparently Hee hee is not "correct" LOL (Neither is LOL - it's being underlined in red).

I love your dark Newfie mittens!! I'm shocked you don't like them.

Can't wait for the sock club kits for March to be available - it's going to be great! Especially with you designing the pattern! They're on sale until next weekend!

Ali P said...

I love me some Sheep's Grey. Its such a great oatmeal-y neutral colour!!

Linda said...

Your CPH looks great. The color is wonderful. I am thinking of doing one in blue Donegal Tweed - I just love that yarn.

I am loving the socks I am making from the yarn you gave me with the mitten swap, BTW. I have only used one "patterned" yarn before and this one has great colors. And despite it being spring I wore the mittens last week going to work one day. Thanks again.