Friday, April 11, 2008

FOs

So I officially suck at keeping this up to date, but I really haven't been doing much but knitting and I'm not a big progress pic person. I have however finished a few projects and started a couple more. I might have to start making a list.

My first distraction was designing the March sock for Robyn's Nest's Sock Club. I only made one sock due to time contstraints but I will eventually finish the pair for myself.



I loved the yarn and wanted to do something Paddy's Day related, so the lace resembles little four-leaf clovers.

Next I got distracted by a series of hats, you saw the Newfoundland Hat in the previous post, which i have yet to figure out the pattern for, I will do it, I just need to stop knitting for a few minutes first.

The first of the hats is:


Montreal Tuque by Veronik Avery


I cast on more stitches because I did it in a sock weight/sport yarn (Reynolds Soft Sea Wool).

Next came


Purl Beret with Sparkly Cherry Tree Hill Alpaca.


I saw one made in the same yarn at Ariadne, I chose another colour and I really like it. I will be for next winter, because its mostly too warm for me to wear a hat now.

After all the hat distraction I put my ass in gear and finished my Central park Hoodie -sans Hood.

CPH


I needed 1 more full ball of Anniversary Twist than I had and a little bit of a second to finish the collar. I still have over 100g left (113g balls). I like it fine, even though it's not quite as long as I thought it would be (stupid belly) and it does some weird bunchy thing on the bottom button that I don't know how to fix. It's not as itchy as I would have imagined, I've actually managed to wear it with a tshirt without too much issue. I've been wearing it almost every day, as it works perfectly for a cool spring weather coat, as long as there's not too much wind. Overall, I feel its a job well done for my first sweater.

I thought I would need a break after finishing my largest project ever but the next day I cast on a pair of no purl Monkeys:

No Purl Monkey


I'm making them in Dream in Color Smooshy, Chinatown Apple. I'm loving the way its only slightly variegated and doesn't pool. I'm doing a eye of partridge heel and the bottom of the foot is reverse stockinette so that I don't feel the purl bumps on my sensitive feet.

My yarn stash has grown quite extensively over the past while and I will blog about at least some of that a little later.

In other news, I'm planning a trip to Newfoundland at the end of April for 2 weeks. I was originally planning on going in the summer, but it seems that sales for the summer will probably not happen early enough for my tastes. Hopefully I'll come back with some more yarny goodness.

10 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Holy Moly you blogged! YEY!

Great projects - though, why have I never heard of this hat (beret) you made. You never showed me! Bad bad girl.

Tanya said...

Those are awesome! I especially love the Central park hoodie. Great job!

Caroline said...

The sweater looks fantastic! I think it fits you really well.

Karine said...

Well look at you miss thang! Nice sweater.

Jennifer Lori said...

The sweater looks great! I liked it in person but it looks even better on you. And I like the no-hood modification. Great job! (and you posted - oh my god!)

LOL

michelle w said...

Your sweater looks great!

Amelah said...

I like the sweater :) U guys will have to teach me that :)

Erin Clark said...

The CPH is awesome.

K. said...

I loves the CPH! Yay!!!!!!!!!! I think that we should start a club for infrequent bloggers...hihhihi!

Ali P said...

Way to go on updating and finishing so many projects!!