Wednesday, July 30, 2008

JF's birthday cake

I totally forgot to post about the cake I made. I decided to have a surprise birthay party for JF since he spent his actual birthday in Japan. He has an affinity for lego, it's a childhood thing he didn't have much of an exciting/fun childhood but lego was the one thing he remembers that he loved. Today he still buys the expert sets, and it allows him to connect with his inner child which is never a bad thing. I found the recipe here. Here are the pics of my version:

It was really fun to make and it took a little time but the result was worth it. Everyone was amazed. The blue was really bad for staining the teeth and tongue but otherwise excellent. If you have a lego lover in your family I recommend this recipe.

2 comments:

Amelah said...

those cakes are awesome!

Montreal Mama said...

I should make some for my brother for his birthday. He's also lego obsessed!