Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random New Stash

I'm really bad about blogging about my new stash purchases. I don't even think about it. I did the photography for a bunch of new stuff I had bought and I realized that I should also blog about it. Some of this stuff I've had for months.

First is some Rowan Summer Tweed, I traded this with Jessie for some of the stitch markers that I sell at Ariadne. (I do plan on getting them in an etsy shop as well, I just haven't found the time for that yet).

Colourway: Dew (it has flecks of blue, yellow and pink)


I got the June Sock Club from Robyn's Nest, and even though everyone has already seen this yarn because of the fact that the Yarn Harlot blogged about it, I will still show you it.


Next is the yarn that JF brought back from Japan for me. He really didn't know what to get and wasn't about to buy a lot cause maybe he would make a mistake on colour or fibre content so he just brought 1 ball. It is very nice though.


Munswell Merino 150 Queen. It's 40g of 100% superwash merino. It's sockweight so I will probably find another sockweight yarn in brown or white to go with it.

As is probably getting a little obvious, I'm getting a little obsessed with Dream in Color yarn. I loved the way my Monkey socks knit up and decided that I had to get myself more of the yarn. I got the following three colours.

Happy Forest - destined to be socks for me.

Pansy GoLightly - destined to be socks for my grandmother for xmas.

Some Summer Sky - already being made into a Baby sweater.


I was craving a semi-solid pink yarn and I wasn't loving either of the Dream in Color pinks and then Robyn showed me this:

Colinette Jitterbug - Whirlyfig

And last but definitly not least is some Frog Tree Alpaca singles. I wanted to try a 100% alpaca yarn after my problems with Mohair. I really hope I am not allergic because I have enough Warani (50% alpaca, 50% merino) for a sweater. This will probably become yet another pair of fair isle mittens.


It is possible that I've forgotten some things but if you want to see everything in my stash click here to see my stash (Ravelry link)

2 comments:

Amelah said...

I really like the DIC stuff!! So nice...hmmm lol

Montreal Mama said...

Great stash enhancement!