Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Partial FOs

I got started on some of my xmas knitting. And since there are quite a few pairs of socks to be done, I figured that if I do them 1 sock/pair at a time, instead of both right away I might avoid SSS (second sock syndrome). Although it could just end up that I have multiple people with just one sock for xmas as well. (let's hope not).

My first FO is not actually for Xmas but for my brother's birthday in late september. He mentioned to me that he started wearing tuques all the time (summer, winter, whenever). I thought that this was the perfect occasion to finally make him something since I never really knew if he would appreciate a knitted item or not. I decided on the Karma Hat in Rowan Felted Tweed. It took me one day to complete, very fast and I have lots of yarn left (I over estimated) . I will probably make more possibly for myself.

I also finished a Heavy Sock with Briggs and Little Tuffy; I started knitting these on my way to Maine, it's what I'm knitting on the beach. These will be for one of my grandfather's for

These socks are going to be bullet-proof.

Next I finished one of the 3x3 Cable with Moss Stitch socks by Charlene Schurch. These are for my grandmom for xmas

No comments: