Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Long Weekends

So the last two weekends here in Quebec were long weekends, July 24th is St-Jean Baptiste Day which as a proud Canadian citizen I shouldn't celebrate but my fiancé is Québécois. This past weekend as any of my fellow Canadians know was Canada day. We went to both celebrations and both were fun, and besides its more about the music and fireworks than anything else for me. Here is a taste of some of what we saw.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

La Journée de la St-Jean Baptiste (Fête Nationale)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Canada Day


I've been a bad knitter, and I haven't knit since Robyn's birthday get together. It's been a hectic couple of weeks. Tonight I missed the usual Knit meetup because of a vet's appointment for Nugget; Just a routine shot, nothing serious.

One of the reasons I love Montréal is Le Festival International de Jazz de Montréal. I've really gotten into Jazz in the past few years and its an amazing experience just to see the amount of people that go to the festival. Here are a few pics:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lights (using Fireworks feature and movement)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Masses (la Foule)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
an artist painting Jazz Festival scenes

Hopefully I'll have progress pictures to show soon cause I really want to finish these socks. I also need to cast on for Jaywalkers because Robyn started a KAL and we're supposed to knit them together, only problem is she has much more time to knit than me.

Anyhow, it's time for bed. Only two weeks till my vacation to Newfoundland, I'm so excited.

Later Daze!

No comments: