Friday, June 6, 2008

Apple Monkeys

I really love the Monkey pattern, but when I saw that someone had knit the purls, I realized that I liked that even more. I bought some Dream in Color - Smooshy from Robyn's Nest in Chinatown Apple, I really like the way it's a variegated yarn but at the same time it's all in the same colour family. Also I decided that I wanted to make the soles in reverse stockinette because I don't particularly like the way purl bumps feel on my feet (I've got particularly sensitive/ticklish feet).

Here the result:


Socks on Robyn's sock blockers

Close up on the Purl bottom.

Stats:

Pattern: Monkey Socks
(No Purl Monkeys by Craftypancakes - ravelry) (Pattern by Cookie A.)
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy - 1 skein - Chinatown Apple
Needles: US 2 / 2.25 mm bamboo dpns &US 1.5 / 2.5 mm Addi Turbo
I did one on dpns and one on the circular.
Made for: Me
Timeline: April 5th, 2008 - June 6th, 2008
Modifications: Purl sole, eye of patridge heel.
Took longer than it should have because I did quite a few other projects in between.


I love them a lot and will probably make another pair in another Smooshy colour.

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

They look great Angela! I like the way they turned out. Have you worn them yet?