Wednesday, June 11, 2008

White Shrug

I did some shopping for a truly white summer cardigan/shrug/bolero. I bought a few dresses this summer that I would prefer to have a little coverage with and went frantically shopping for something that would do. Everything I found was either too expensive or too off-white.

Finally I decided that I as a knitter could knit one. The only problem was that I was already at the point where I wanted it two weeks ago. I found a pattern, picked a yarn and swatched (I even washed the swatches) in the space of 2 days. After that It took me only 3 days to knit.

The result was worth it. I will possibly make it again:

The back view awesome pic thanks to Robyn

Side View

Front View. I don't love this pic, but it looks nicer with the dresses.

Stats:

Pattern: Fiery Bolero (ravelry) by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Estelle Young Touch Cotton DK - 5 skeins - White
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm metal circs
Made for: Me
Timeline: June 7th, 2008 - June 11th, 2008
Modifications: Shorter sleeves
Fastest FO ever!

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

I take great photos, I know :)

Great shrug! Now I want to knit one!