Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JF's Socks


I had promised JF a second pair of socks. I didn't give him a date per se so when I was in Newfoundland I decided to secretly start knitting him a pair for his birthday.

After seeing Robyn's version (ravelry link) of the cabled socks that she knit for her husband, I decided that I also wanted to make them for JF.

I started them on May 1st and finished them on June 2nd. I can't believe how fast they knit up especially considering I wasn't 100% faithful to them.


Stats:

Pattern: Cabled Socks from Steppin' Out (ravelry) (Pattern by Mona Schmidt)
Yarn: Phildar Preface - 2 Skeins - gris moyen
Needles: US 1.5 / 2.5 mm Addi Turbo
Made for: JF for his birthday
Timeline: May 1st, 2008 - June 2nd, 2008

I think they're beautiful. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to give them to him. I decided that since he wouldn't be here for his birthday that he would get them right away. He is spending 3 weeks in Japan on business at the end of June, beginning of July. They were a success he has already worn them a few times and it's summer, so I think that means he likes them.

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

Did you give them to him before he left to Japan? Does he like them? They look great.