Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sheepie

I have been in love with Jennie's Ozark Lester since the very first time I saw him. There was only one problem; there was no way I was going to spend $26 +taxes to make a toy. At some point I was talking to Jennie and she said that pretty much any worsted bouclé would work and that I'd just have to double the yarn (hold two strands together). This made me very happy, because in my early knitting days I had an incredible affinity for crappy acrylic bouclé yarns (think bernat bouclé and baby bouclé). I figured this would be a decent stash busting project. I will have to make about 20 of them to use it all up but they make excellent baby gifts and since just about everyone I know is pregnant right now, it couldn't be better timing.

Here is Bernat Bouclé Lester Version 1:




Stats:

Pattern: Ozark Lester by Jennie Eveleigh-Lamond
Yarn: Bernat Bouclé - White &
Susan Andrew Collection Inca Gold Marra - Black
Needles: US 11 / 8.0 mm & US 2.5 / 3 mm dpns
Made for: ?? he has not yet been adopted
Timeline: June 5th, 2008 - June 18th, 2008
Modifications: Yarn choices


Now he needs a name. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

I love your Sheep! Too cute. Easy to make?