Sunday, June 29, 2008

WIPs june

Ok, so I'm finally caught up. More or less anyway.

As I mentioned a little earlier, JF is now away in Japan and has been for almost 2 weeks. I can't wait till he's back cause it really sucks being alone all day and night. The bright side of this is that is has allowed me to drive a lot more than I ever thought I would. You see back in April we invested in a new car. We decided together that it would be an automatic because I find the manual transmission to be unnecessarily complicated. I hadn't gotten to drive much because JF wanted me to get some practice while I was in Newfoundland (which I did) and then he would add me to the insurance. When I got back he kept forgetting to do it and we just kept putting off getting me to drive. When we found out that he would be going to Japan for 3 weeks we put everything into motion for me to get as much practice as possible so that I would be free to use the car while he was gone. I kind of thought that I would be the kind of person that just didn't like to drive. Apparently it was just because I really had never practiced enough. Since he's been gone I've even driven in Montreal and on the highways and I'm actually starting to enjoy myself while driving.

Anyway this is a knitting blog so I'll update you guys all on that. The first bit of knitting news is an FO which is actually a little older but it had to wait until a certain baby showed his face to the world. First of all I'd like to Congratulate Robyn on a second beautiful boy; Who I am falling in love with.

I also made Mackenzie a Trellis set:



Next is a very disappointing WIP now traded project due to an apparent mohair allergy.



I absolutely loved this and although I'm not sure I would've been able to wear it due to extreme warmth, I really enjoyed it and was enjoying knitting it as well. Unfortunately I realized while knitting it that my allergies were going crazy and it was the only thing that had changed. As soon as I stopped knitting it my allergies went back to normal as well. Fortunately I was able to give this to a good knitting friend, Madeleine (ravelry), who liked the colours, the yarn and the design.

Finally I decided to finally cast on Mona's Embossed Leaves (ravelry). I've been meaning to knit this pattern for a while, I just never got around to doing it. A while back I had bought some Cherry Tree hill from the girls at Ariadne in Mint Green. So I decided to cast on for my very own Embossed Mint Leaves socks!


I'm liking how they're knitting up, I am not liking the fact that I can't seem to memorize the pattern, but it's ok because they're knitting up fast despite this.

I'll leave you with a picture of Mackenzie and I since he is so darn cute.

3 comments:

Amelah said...

Don't I have the cutest nephews???? Mack is adorable!!!

Montreal Mama said...

Mack is very easy to fall in love with. And then he'll turn 15 months old and terrorize my house. And then he'll turn 3 years old and tell me he loves me, and I'll melt. Isn't that always the way it is? The little monsters are just too cute.

Great project updates! Too bad about the mohair!

Montreal Mama said...

And I can't wait for Mack to fit into the Trellis! Thank you!