Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Little Birdie

I decided that I would start another project with my Mohair scarf gone. At first I was going to do the Norwegian Mittens by Elizabeth Zimmermann but I can't seem to find my copy of The Knitters Almanac. This probably just means that my office got hungry cause it's a really big mess in here. I joined the bandwagon that is the Bird in Hand mittens and while it is not technically my first fair-isle project, it is the first fair-isle project since I've become a more experienced knitter (my very first knitting project was fair-isle, because I absolutely wanted a pair of snowflake mittens, they were acrylic and I only ever did one). I am enjoying it, although the braid did kick my ass at first, once I actually read the instructions properly I had no more worries.

Here is my progress:


I haven't actually knit much on it since I took these pictures a few days ago, but then again, I won't actually need them for at least a few months. I'm thinking about getting started on Christmas gifts. Also I have a few more babies I want to knit for.

In other news, check out my Meez on the sidebar and tell me what you think.. (Click on my blog link if you're looking at this in Bloglines). It might not stay for a long time, because I am thinking about getting a logo designed.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the Meez, it looks like you!

The mitten looks great so far. I made one last spring, I still need to make its mate. I'm using alpaca and I don't feel like knitting it in the summer!

Amelah said...

Cute Meez!!! Did u design urself or do they have that on the website>?

Glad u are blogging again! LoL :)

I like those mittens :)

Montreal Mama said...

I like the Meez, but you know that already.

Glad u'r blogging again too - exactly what Amy said!

I like the mittens too - especially the color. I have them on my list of things to knit!

Amelah said...

Woman you doing well with your updates! Keep updating!!

Ali P said...

Good lookin' mitten !