Wednesday, July 23, 2008

February Baby Sweater

So I know I should be updating more, but I really do have an excuse, I hadn't been knitting much and then over the weekend my computer decided it was going to die. Luckily I had done a backup as I was preparing for a reformat. Now that I am once again functional I can post some progress.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have another baby to knit for. JF's best friend & wife are having a baby so I decided to try the February Baby Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmerman. This pattern and I do not get along. Don't get me wrong the pattern is written correctly but EZ's simple style is apparently too simple for this knitter. I frogged the yoke 3 times before finally getting it right. (Note to self: 4 ridges = 8 rows). I know this but my brain kept processing 4 rows.

Here is my progress now that it finally looks like something.


The sweater is knit from the top and you are supposed to do the sleeves flat but I decided that I didn't really want to seam lace.

Close-up of Gull lace pattern.

Now that it's working I'm really liking the pattern. I'm a little worried that it will be small but I'm gonna block the crap out of it and hope for the best. I'm using Dream In Color Smooshy in colourway Some Summer Sky.

3 comments:

Amelah said...

wow the sweater is really cute! i love the colors of dream in color smooshy! i am so happy i bought a skein too!

Anonymous said...

I thought that was Dream In Color you were working with when I saw it the other night.
My Baby Sweater never got very far either. I totally had the wrong gauge.

Montreal Mama said...

I think it's coming along great! I can't wait to see it finished.