Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More stash

Just an update on other random stash I've acquired in the past few months.

Robyn's Nest
sock clubs:

July's kit which is a dye your own and it came with Kool-aid to dye with. I can't wait to try it
August's kit which was designed by Robyn and dyed by Tanis Fibre Arts
September's Kit.

The ladies at Ariadne decided to put my favourite yarn on clearance and I obviously couldn't resist. I only bought two colours in christmas-y colours to maybe make something for the holidays.


Earlier this summer I stopped by Les Lainages du petit mouton and found some Regia on sale as well as a very bright Noro (probably for another pair of Newfoundland mittens).

At my first visit to Effiloché since just after they opened I spotted Ranco Multy which for a 100g sock yarn was fairly inexpensive and I rather enjoyed the colours:
I made another trip to Ariadne a little more recently to aquire some yarn for my xmas knitting. Some Lang 150 merino and was also tempted by their new Koigu.
destined to be a Montreal toque for my brother

I'm contemplating the Chevron scarf in these two colours.

I visited my LYS here on the south shore Saute Mouton and fell in love with the colours of this OnLine sock yarn:

Later that same day I stopped by a Quebec chain of department stores (known for being fairly cheap in quality) just to check for something, I stumbled into their yarn section and low and behold they now carry Briggs and Little tuffy. I grabbed two colours that I hadn't seen before:
Greystone
Granite

And last but not least is some Cascade 220 superwash from Robyn's Nest also for some xmas knitting. I ordered this special from Robyn. She has a multitude of new colours of the superwash in her store now.

This will probably be the last of my stash acquisitions for a while. At least until I start getting my xmas gifts. :D

No comments: